Páginas

lunes, 21 de septiembre de 2020

Urgent



I am one of those people who finds a mole and fears they are getting cancer. In my mouth the word 'urgent' tastes like danger. It's 6 a.m. and I wake up to pee without turning the lights on so that my body won't notice the interruption and falls asleep again, but I make the mistake of checking my cell (dam the time change) to see how much time I have left. Somebody needs to speak with me urgently. My body awakens. 
I decide to take a bath before answering because there are certain conversations you just cannot have in your pajamas. It doesn't matter if the other person can't see me, I would know. I would know that I smell like lethargy and the night before, and could not take myself seriously. 
To recreate all the stories that I made up in those 20 minutes will take forever, so I'll just say that I came to the conclusion that urgent things are not necessarily bad. 
I stop thinking and finally take the call. They want to interview me. I might be going to Ethiopia. 

No hay comentarios.:

Publicar un comentario